Code of Conduct
The PitchedIt Code of Conduct is one of the ways we put our values into practice. It’s built around the recognition that everything we do in connection with our work at PitchedIt and the members of our community will be, and should be, measured against the highest possible standards of ethical business conduct.
This Code of Conduct also reflects the agreed standards of behavior for members of the PitchedIt community. The community acts according to the standards written down in this Code of Conduct and will defend these standards for the benefit of the community. The basic social ingredients that hold our community together include:
- Be considerate
- Be respectful
- Be collaborative
- Be pragmatic
- Support others in the community
- Get support from others in the community
We expect all our community members and service providers to understand and comply with our Code of Conduct, the laws, and regulations that apply to our operations. While PitchedIt members are expected to self-monitor and demonstrate their compliance to the Code of Conduct, PitchedIt may audit members' behaviour to confirm compliance. PitchedIt members are expected to treat each other with respect. We take a zero-tolerance stance on harassment or discrimination of any kind on the PitchedIt platform
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Promotion of or the attempt to sell/advertise goods or services is strictly prohibited on the Launchpad (newsfeed) or an individuals profile
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
With the support of our team, we are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior. PitchedIt has the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, pitches, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting our team. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Our staff are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.